Willis Re, part of the Investment, Risk & Reinsurance segment of Willis Towers Watson, is one of the world’s leading reinsurance advisory and broking businesses.
Connecting risk and capital, we help the global insurance industry, governments and society at large manage and mitigate extreme risk – from natural catastrophes such as flood, earthquakes, hurricanes and pandemics, to technological or political risks such as cyber and terrorism.
Willis Re also fully sponsors professional qualifications including the CII and CFA Level 1.
As a Graduate Broker, you will therefore be immersed in all aspects of client work, business development and internal service delivery for a varied and international client base from early in your career, including:
- Assisting in the marketing, negotiation, placing and servicing of client accounts, working with people at all levels within the client’s organisation
- Creating and interpreting numerical analysis
- Drafting contracts
- Helping to structure, place and service transactions
- Preparing pitch documents and presentation materials
- Supporting internal governance, compliance, risk and operational work
- Project managing internal teams to achieve agreed targets within prescribed timeframes
- Background research relating to client projects or internal growth initiatives
- Use of tailored Willis Re IT systems
- Travel as required
Is this position right for you?
Successful candidates will have strong analytical and numeracy skills, and also a talent for communication, negotiation and all-round commercial awareness.
Minimum 2:1 degree including A-Level Maths/Economics grade A/B or equivalent qualification. You will also need:
- Enthusiasm and passion to learn about Insurance, Risk and Reinsurance
- Ability to build strong internal and external business relationships at all levels
- Ability to engage with actuarial and catastrophe management colleagues and to demonstrate a level of comfort in discussions on these subjects both internally and with clients
- Ability to use data and information to build and support a persuasive argument
- Good IT skills in Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Ability to convey complex information clearly
- Ability to learn and follow internal procedures and controls
- An awareness of the sales and negotiation process
- The ability to prioritise, work under pressure in a fast paced environment and meet deadlines with a flexible approach to work and ability to adapt to change
- An eye for detail
- Desire to take on early responsibility
- Initiative and an eagerness to drive projects to a successful conclusion
- Be a team player
The Bigger Picture
Willis Re works with academia through The Willis Research Network and bodies such as the UN and World Bank, as well as a range of NGO’s and Government Aid Bodies, helping connect the world of private capital to manage wider societal and environmental risks.
The global financial markets have also now developed the concept of insurance risk as an investable asset class: insurance-linked securities. This has opened up a huge quantity of new financial capacity to accept and absorb risk, with capacity provided by the traditional reinsurance industry augmented with the new capital from global financial markets.
Insurtech is another avenue for growth and development within the industry.
Willis Re sits at this exciting cross road of innovation, acting as a fulcrum to coordinate and develop all of these activities.
The Application Process
Stage 1: Online Application
Stage 2: Online Testing
Stage 3: Video Interview
Stage 4: 1 Day Assessment Centre
Stage 5: Offer and On-boarding
Start date for the UK Graduate Programme will be the beginning of September, 2019
You will be notified on your progress throughout the process
***Application Closing Date: February 1, 2019***
Note however that Willis Re runs its graduate application process and recruitment on a rolling basis, so we encourage candidates to apply early
*** Please note that we do not accept multiple applications and you should only select and apply to one programme per year***