These are the general Terms and Conditions of Insurance Careers for use of Our Site. Please read these carefully. Your use of Our Site and our related Services will be subject to these terms and conditions and Insurance Careers may change these on occasion.
By accessing Our Site you are accepting that you are bound by these Terms and Conditions.
In these terms and conditions, the following definitions apply:
- We/Us/Insurance Careers is under the parent company Inside Careers, part of Cambridge Market Intelligence Ltd. Group, whose registered office is at 7 Berrington Road, Sydenham Industrial Estate, Leamington Spa, CV31 1NB
- Site: Means the Insurance Careers website located at www.insurancecareers.co.uk
- Service/Services: Any information and services provided by Insurance Careers through or via Our Site
2. What you are allowed to do
- You may use our Service for personal use and in accordance with these terms.
- You may browse Our Site using a compatible web browser. Permission to browse Our Site includes permission to make transient or cached copies of parts of Our Site to the extent that this occurs in the normal course of using your browser and that these copies are used only to facilitate current or subsequent access to Our Site by you; and
- Print a copy of any page of Our Site or email a section of Our Site to another person to the extent permitted on Our Site, for your own personal purposes, provided you do not do any of the things set out below under the ‘What you are not allowed to do’ section.
3. What you are not allowed to do
- Except to the extent expressly set out in these terms, you are not allowed to make any copies of any part of Our Site.
- You may not remove or change anything on Our Site except your registration details, CV and stored applications and email alert preferences.
- You may not include or create links to or from Our Site without Our permission.
- You are not allowed to copy or use any material from Our Site for any commercial purpose.
- You are not allowed to remove or change any copyright, trademark or other intellectual property right notices contained in the original material or from any material copied or printed off from Our Site.
- You must only use Our Site and anything available from Our Site for lawful purposes, and you must comply with all applicable laws, statutes and regulations.
- You must not use Our Service to:
- Send, post, upload or otherwise transmit information or pictures that are obscene or pornographic, threatening, menacing, racist, offensive, defamatory or otherwise unlawful;
- Send or upload files that contain software or other materials in breach of any intellectual property rights or in breach of confidence;
- Harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the rights of others or harm or threaten to cause harm to minors;
- Impersonate anyone else or otherwise misrepresent your identity or status; or
- Hack into Our Site or any other related computer system, make excessive traffic demands, deliver viruses or forward chain letters, surveys, contests, pyramid schemes or otherwise engage in any other behaviour that may reasonably be expected to inhibit other users from using and enjoying Our Site or any other website or damage or destroy the reputation of Us or any third party.
- Post copyright-infringing material in Our Site’s forum, which you do not have permission to redistribute (subject to the licensing terms of the specific item).
- We accept no obligation to monitor the use of Our Site. However, We reserve the right to disclose any information as required by law and/or to remove, refuse to post or to edit any information or materials, to block your access and to take such other action as may be reasonably necessary to prevent any breach of these terms and conditions or any breach of applicable law or regulation. We will also, in Our absolute discretion, fully co-operate with law enforcement and other relevant authorities with respect to any investigation of suspected unlawful activity or violation of network security.
4. Your personal information
- We will do everything We can to ensure that the information you submit to Us is kept confidential.
- We are resolved to safeguard the privacy of Our users and so We will never disclose your personal details. We will not sell or pass on individual details to any third party whatsoever except for applications made by you to companies advertising on Our Site. In the event that We undergo reorganisation, or the Company is sold to a third party, you agree that any personal information We hold about you may be transferred to that reorganised entity or third party.
- We monitor user activity on Our Site as a whole. Our analysis is crucial in helping Us to develop Our Site and to make it as attractive as possible to Our users. However, we do not track individual user activity.
- We will not disclose your user account details if you choose to delete your user account on Our Site, however We obtain the right to display any posts previously created by yourself on Our Site under the user name of ‘anonymous’.
5. Password and details
- For registration and use of Our Site your username will be based on the email address you supply. During registration you will create a confidential password to be used when using Our Services. You must keep your password confidential at all times and must not disclose it to anyone else or permit anyone else to use it. Any breach of these terms by anyone to whom you disclose the password will be treated as if the breach had been committed by you and will not relieve you of your obligations under these terms and conditions.
- In the event of any failure or error in the operation of a password you shall cease using the password and exit Our Site immediately and notify Us of such failure or error. We reserve the right to change, or to require you to change, your password at any time at our sole discretion.
- You warrant that you are entitled to receive emails at the email address you provide. You should note that many companies prohibit their employees using the company email for private use and we encourage you to open a private account and use an outside computer network to visit Our Site.
- You agree to notify Us promptly by using the update facility on the Site of any changes to your registration details.
6. Intellectual Property Rights
- All intellectual property rights in any material (including text, photographs and other images and sound, trade marks and logos) contained in Our Site are either owned by Us or have been licensed to Us by the rights’ owner(s) so that We can use this material as part of Our Site. You are only allowed to use this Site and the material contained in Our Site as set out in these terms and conditions.
7. Disclaimer and limitation of liability
- We do not, and nothing in these terms and conditions shall act to, exclude or limit Our liability for death or personal injury resulting from negligence, fraud or any other liability which may not by applicable by law, be excluded or limited. Your statutory rights as a consumer are not affected by any of these terms.
- Subject to clause 7i, in no event shall We be liable (whether for breach of contract, negligence or for any other reason) for: any failure by you to contact an advertiser of a position of employment or to secure a position or employment, loss of salary, loss of profits, exemplary or special damages, loss of sales, loss of revenue, loss of goodwill, loss of any software or data, loss of bargain, loss of opportunity, loss of use of computer equipment, software or data, loss of, or waste of, management or other staff time, or for any indirect, consequential or special loss, however arising.
- You agree that your use of Our Service is on an “as is” and “as available” basis and that your use of Our Service is at your sole risk. On that basis, except as expressly set out in these terms, We do not enter into any conditions, warranties or other terms in relation to Our Site or Our Service and in particular none as to any contents or accuracy of any advertisement for any position of employment (including any implied term relating to quality, fitness for a particular purpose or compliance with any codes or laws relating to advertising, employment or discrimination).
- Advertisements for positions are placed by the advertisers and are not the responsibility of Us. You agree that the obtaining or viewing of any advertisements for positions or any other material through the use of Our Service is carried out at your own risk and that We have no liability to you in respect of such things.
- We may change the format and content of Our Site on occasion. You should refresh your browser each time you visit Our Site to ensure that you download the most up to date version of Our Site.
- Our Site may include links to external sites. If so, we have included links to these sites to provide you with access to information and services that you may find useful or interesting. We are not responsible for the content of these sites and pages or for anything provided by them.
- We are not liable for any action you may take as a result of relying on any advertisement for a position of employment or any other information provided to you on Our Site.
8. Suspension and termination of Service
- We may suspend the operation of Our Site for repair or maintenance work or in order to update or upgrade the contents or functionality of Our Site on occasion. Access to or use of Our Site or any sites or pages linked to it will not necessarily be uninterrupted or error free.
- We may terminate Our Service immediately in the event you breach any of these terms and conditions.
9. Enquiries or complaints
- If you have any enquiries or complaints (about Our Service or someone else’s use of Our Site) then please contact us using the ‘contact us’ link which can be found on most pages of Our Site or visit our Contact Us page here.
10. General and governing law
- We may change these terms and conditions on occasion. By accessing Our Site you are accepting that you are bound by the current terms and conditions. You should therefore check these each time you revisit Our Site. These terms and conditions form the entire understanding of the parties and supersede all previous agreements, understandings and representations relating to the subject matter. If any provision of these terms and conditions is found to be unenforceable, this shall not affect the validity of any other provision. We may delay enforcing Our rights under these terms and conditions without losing them. You agree that We may sub-contract the performance of any of Our obligations or may assign these terms and conditions or any of Our rights or obligations without giving you notice.
- We will not be liable to you for any breach of these terms and conditions which arises because of any circumstances which We cannot reasonably be expected to control.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed and interpreted in accordance with English law, and you consent to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
11. Your Privacy