If you are passionate about building a successful career in the insurance industry then you have come to the right place!
Insurance graduate programmes are designed for graduates who are looking to gain hands-on experience in leading global advisory, broking, and solutions companies and to help build prospects for a successful career in the insurance profession.
The Insurance graduate programme will help you grow both personally and professionally, providing you with the tools and resources needed to excel in the ever-changing world of insurance. Through a combination of on-the-job training, mentoring, and classroom learning, you will gain exposure to various aspects of the insurance business and work alongside experienced professionals in areas such as risk management, insurance brokerage, and actuarial science. This is an incredible opportunity to kick start your journey towards becoming a highly skilled and respected insurance professional.
To be eligible for insurance graduate programmes, applicants should meet the following entry requirements:
- 2:1 degree in a numerate discipline OR
- 2:1 degree in a non-numerate discipline plus A-Level Maths at grade A/B (or equivalent qualifications)
- Have a genuine interest in the insurance profession and a desire to learn and grow within the field
- A positive attitude and a willingness to take on new challenges and learn from experiences
Benefits of graduate programmes
- This is an excellent opportunity to learn about different industries and gain valuable experience working with clients
- Opportunity to work on international projects and gain exposure to different cultures and ways of working
- Many companies have a strong focus on career development opportunities you will be provided with the training support needed to succeed in addition to access to mentorship programmes and professional development courses
- You will be part of a community that values diversity of thought and background and who are committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace culture where everyone feels valued and respected
And other valuable benefits:
- Competitive starting salary for graduates with annual performance review bonuses
- Health and wellness benefits including (medical, dental, vision insurance) as well as support for mental health and wellbeing
- Retirement savings plans
- Paid time off vacation, sick leave, and holidays
- Work-life balance and offers flexible work arrangements such as hybrid work.
Tips and recommendations to stand out and succeed:
- Research the programme: take the time to learn about the programme, its requirements, and what the company is looking for in candidates. Showcase your skills, achievements, and potential to contribute to the programme and the company
- Networking: Connect with insurance employees, alumni, and other industry professionals to learn more about the company and the programme. Also, follow companies on social media, attend career fairs, networking events, and information sessions to gain insights and make meaningful connections
- Interview or assessment centre: if you are invited to an interview or an assessment centre make sure you are well prepared, research the company practice responses to common interview questions using the “STAR model” to demonstrate your skills and qualifications
- Follow up: after submitting your application and completing the interview or assessment centre follow up with a thank you note email to express your appreciation for the company, this will show your professionalism and eagerness to join the programme.
Remember, insurance graduate programmes are highly competitive but with dedication, preparation and a strong application you have the chance to take your career to the next level with an exciting and challenging role.