Join Aon as a Commercial Risk or Reinsurance summer intern and spend 9 weeks discovering why insurance, reinsurance and risk management are the cornerstones of every company’s capital structure. We help our clients identify their risks, ensuring they have the best possible cover to mitigate them.
As well as identifying risk for our clients, we also predict and spread risk. This means that, if major catastrophes hit, economies can keep going and people can get on with their lives. As an Aon Summer Intern, you’ll play a key role in making this essential work happen.
We’ll help you learn about our business and the broking process, develop your professional skills and build strong relationships with clients and colleagues alike.
We recognise the learning, development, and social value for our Early Career colleagues of being in the office environment from the start of their programme. All our interns will spend most of their time in the office and occasional time working from home or a client site.
Aon is in the business of better decisions
At Aon, we shape decisions for the better to protect and enrich the lives of people around the world.
As an organisation, we are united through trust as one inclusive, diverse team, and we are passionate about helping our colleagues and clients succeed.
Commercial Risk Solutions: Trends in economics, demographics and geopolitics – compounded by the rapid pace of technological change – are creating unprecedented volatility for organisations. We offer risk advisory, risk transfer and structured solutions that help better identify, quantify and manage risk exposure.
Reinsurance Solutions: Unprecedented volatility is creating new risks and opportunities for organisations across the global economy. We provide risk transfer, claims advocacy and capital management solutions to help re/insurers reduce volatility and build more resilient businesses, governments and communities.
Your role as a Summer Intern in Commercial Risk or Reinsurance Solutions
You’ll join either our Commercial Risk Solutions or Reinsurance Solutions team, playing a crucial role in delivering dynamic, bespoke intellectual and financial capacity to our clients all around the world.
Our interns experience the full lifecycle of our business — from trading risk in the market and understanding the importance of claims through to winning new business. You’ll focus on developing client-management skills too and build relationships with a broad spectrum of people — including clients, our own industry specialists and members of the global insurance and reinsurance markets.
We’ll give you real responsibility early on, to ensure you gain a deep understanding of your potential future career path.
As a Aon Summer Intern, you will be enrolled onto our award-winning development programme. For 9 weeks you will have the opportunity to take part in a wide range of insightful and interactive training and development activities in addition to your role. Here are the of key elements of our 9-week Internship development programme:
- Induction – a great way for you to learn about Aon and our Story, meet and network with your fellow interns and Aon colleagues from across our business including senior leaders; technical and business training to equip you with skills and knowledge to help you in your role
- Aon Business focused project – our interns are given a project to complete during the programme. You and your team of fellow interns will be tasked to research and help to find solutions for a real business challenge. At the end of the internship, you will have the chance to present your findings to a panel of Aon colleagues
- Feedback – when you start as an intern at Aon, you will have time with your line manager to discuss your goals and throughout your internship you will receive feedback and support.
Your career beyond your Summer Internship
Once you’ve completed the formal summer internship programme, depending on your performance, you may be offered a role on our graduate programme for the following year. When you return, you’ll be part of our Launch development programme where we’ll fully support your study towards your professional qualification, the Level 4 Diploma in Insurance from the CII (Chartered Insurance Institute).
If you are interested in our Summer Internship programme and would like to apply, here are some things to help you:
You will need to be on track to achieve a 2:1 degree (or equivalent) in any subject area
What are we looking for?
- Motivation and ambition – you will need to be able to articulate why you want to start your career in Commercial Risk or Reinsurance
- Commercial awareness – this helps us to provide support and advice to our clients with clarity and confidence
- Ability to build relationships, communicate and work collaboratively to develop solutions for our clients
Programme dates: June – August 2024Visit Website for More Information and to Apply