Join our Commercial Risk or Reinsurance Apprenticeship as a permanent colleague from day one and discover how we help our clients identify their risks and ensure they have the best possible cover to mitigate them.
Aon is in the business of better decisions
At Aon, we shape decisions for the better to protect and enrich the lives of people around the world.
As an organization, we are united through trust as one inclusive, diverse team, and we are passionate about helping our colleagues and clients succeed.
Commercial Risk Solutions: Trends in economics, demographics and geopolitics – compounded by the rapid pace of technological change – are creating unprecedented volatility for organisations. We offer risk advisory, risk transfer and structured solutions that help better identify, quantify and manage risk exposure.
Reinsurance Solutions: Unprecedented volatility is creating new risks and opportunities for organisations across the global economy. We provide risk transfer, claims advocacy and capital management solutions to help re/insurers reduce volatility and build more resilient businesses, governments and communities.
Your role as a Commercial Risk or Reinsurance Apprentice:
Whether you join Commercial Risk Solutions or Reinsurance Solutions Apprentice, your role will focus on client service administration, supporting the broking and client management activities of more senior team members. Prepare to make an immediate impact as you demonstrate your passion for customer service. You’ll quickly learn about our business and the broking process, develop your professional skills and build strong relationships with clients and colleagues
What your day could look like:
- Supporting the delivery of client-facing transactional service activities
- Assisting in the day-to-day running of client risk and insurance programmes
- Contributing proactively to client satisfaction, retention and profitability
- Carrying out administrative tasks contributing to the broking process
- Inputting data accurately to maintain management information
As an Aon Apprentice you will be enrolled onto our development programme when you join. This programme is built around 3 core elements :
- Business learning – on the job learning and experiences giving you the opportunity to develop your knowledge and understanding of the team and solution line you have joined
- Centralised learning – UK apprentices complete in an Aon Induction, monthly webinars, business skills training and workshops; all designed to help you develop your knowledge of Aon, build your confidence and your network across our business
- Professional Qualifications – we want you to be as successful as possible, so we’ll fully support your study towards your Insurance Apprenticeship and Certificate in Insurance (Chartered Insurance Institute) professional qualification. To support you as you study for your exams, you’ll receive paid study leave, plus an extensive range of study and tuition materials
With Aon business leaders playing an active role in our development, you’re encouraged to make the most of every networking opportunity open to you. The early relationships you build will include:
Your Apprentice network – you’ll meet Apprentices from all areas of Aon in the UK, helping you navigate our business and grow a support network from day one.
Your mentor – an experienced colleague who can help you out with career guidance, specific issues or any general thoughts or queries you have.
Business seniors – many experienced colleagues will be actively interested and involved in your development.
The Early Careers Team – here to help smooth the way, open doors and advise you on developing your knowledge, skills and prospects.
Your career beyond your Apprenticeship
Once you’ve completed the formal apprenticeship programme, you’ll continue to receive lots of support at Aon. As well as the interactive development programme we’ve mentioned above, you’ll have the chance to explore different career paths. Once you have completed your 18-month Apprenticeship, your training and development doesn’t stop there. You will continue to grow your career in the Insurance industry, as well as continuing your studies for the CII qualifications.
If you are interested in this apprenticeship programme and would like to apply, here are some things to help you:
- 112 UCAS points from your top 3 A Levels (or equivalent) or 280 UCAS points for exams sat prior to 2017 (excluding General Studies) i.e. BBC
- Five grade A*- C GCSEs including Maths and English
What are we looking for?
- Motivation and ambition – you will need to be able to articulate why you want a career in insurance
- Commercial awareness – this helps us to provide support and advice to our clients with clarity and confidence
- Understand the value of and be passionate about delivering excellent Client Service
Here are the locations where we have apprentice opportunities this year:
Birmingham, Bristol, Chelmsford, Glasgow, Kirmington (Lincolnshire), Leeds, Leicester, London, Manchester, Reading, Redhill (Surrey)
We recognise the learning, development, and social value for our Early Career colleagues of being in the office environment from the start of their programme. All our apprentices will spend most of their time in the office and occasional time working from home or a client site.
Start date: September 2023