Join Aon as a Client Management Apprentice and you’ll provide vital support to senior team members in their client management activities, ensuring employers pension schemes are run efficiently and professionally.
Aon is in the business of better decisions
At Aon, we shape decisions for the better to protect and enrich the lives of people around the world.
As an organization, we are united through trust as one inclusive, diverse team, and we are passionate about helping our colleagues and clients succeed.
Wealth Solutions: Client Management
Hundreds of UK employers, from FTSE 100 companies to smaller firms, turn to our Retirement and Investment Business for advice in many areas of running a pension scheme – making theirs more effective, reviewing fund managers, communicating benefit changes or reducing costs.
Everything we do at Aon is built around delivering great client service and value. Your role will be no different. As a Client Management Apprentice, you’ll get involved in a full range of client issues and learn the skills needed to become a valued advisor to our clients. If you can demonstrate a real passion for customer service, you can make an immediate impact.
What your day could look like:
- Supporting the delivery of client plans and project management
- Assisting in day-to-day retirement services, including drafting reports and newsletters for trustees
- Attending and planning face-to-face client meetings or conference calls, taking minutes, and managing the follow up actions
- Playing an active part in delivering client satisfaction, retention and profitability
- Carrying out administrative tasks contributing to the retirement and investment consulting process
- Inputting data accurately to maintain management information
As an Aon Apprentice you will be enrolled onto our development Programme when you join. This programme is built around 3 core elements :
- Business learning – on the job learning and experiences giving you the opportunity to develop your knowledge and understanding of the team and solution line you have joined
- Centralised learning – UK apprentices complete in an Aon Induction, monthly webinars, business skills training and workshops; all designed to help you develop your knowledge of Aon, build your confidence and your network across our business
- Professional Qualifications – we want you to be as successful as possible, so we’ll fully support your study towards your professional qualification. To support you as you study for your exams, you’ll receive paid study leave, plus an extensive range of study and tuition materials
With Aon business leaders playing an active role in our development, you’re encouraged to make the most of every networking opportunity open to you. The early relationships you build will include:
Your Apprentice network – you’ll meet Apprentices from all areas of Aon in the UK, helping you navigate our business and grow a support network from day one.
Your mentor – an experienced colleague who can help you out with career guidance, specific issues or any general thoughts or queries you have.
Business seniors – many experienced colleagues will be actively interested and involved in your development.
The Early Careers Team – here to help smooth the way, open doors and advise you on developing your knowledge, skills and prospects.
Your career beyond your Apprenticeship
Once you’ve completed the formal apprenticeship programme, you’ll continue to receive lots of support at Aon. As well as the interactive development programme we’ve mentioned above, you’ll have the chance to explore different career paths within Client Management.
If you are interested in this apprenticeship programme and would like to apply, here are some things to help you:
- 104 UCAS points from your top 3 A Levels (or equivalent) or 260 UCAS points for exams sat prior to 2017 (excluding General Studies) i.e. BCC
- Five grade A*- C GCSEs including Maths and English
What are we looking for?
- Motivation and ambition – you will need to be able to articulate why you want to join the Client Management Apprenticeship
- Understand the value of and be passionate about delivering excellent Client Service
- Curious, enthusiastic, and highly motivated to find solutions and work as part of a team
Here are the locations where we have graduate opportunities this year:
Birmingham, Bristol, Epsom, Farnborough, Leeds, Manchester, St Albans
We recognise the learning, development, and social value for our Early Career colleagues of being in the office environment from the start of their programme. All our apprentices will spend most of their time in the office and occasional time working from home or a client site.
Start date: September 2023