As a Trainee Financial Advisor you will assist in the provision of financial plans and advice to be prospective and existing private clients whilst studying towards the CII qualifications.
- To learn all aspects of the firm’s financial planning proposition.
- To gain experience of both undertaking transactional work and assisting in the provision/ implementation of suitable private client financial advice in order to meet and/or exceed agreed activity targets.
- To assist in the delivery of independent financial plans and/or advice to private clients in accordance with internal/ regulatory standards by effective communication, workflow management and record-keeping / database management.
- To develop the appropriate technical and market awareness knowledge in order to assist the Private Client Financial Planners in providing effective advice.
- To ensure that the CPD requirements, as defined in the T&C handbook are maintained and logged as appropriate.
- To record/ maintain information on Adviser Office in order to allow work to be logged, tracked and internal records/ management information to be kept up-to-date.
- Communicate with the Financial Planning Team on any issues or findings
- To develop and apply technical knowledge gained from studies and on the job experience
- To have an awareness of the various services provided by Mazars
- To maintain professional working relationships with clients
- Attending client social activities
- Attend all training courses as required
Person Specification & Academic Requirements
- Demonstrates strong analytical and research skills
- Effectively able to manage projects
- Takes ownership of assigned tasks
- Ability to organise and prioritise workload
- Ability to produce accurate and timely work
- Participates in meetings, providing information and ideas with clarity and persuasiveness
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Respects differences in people and values diversity of ideas
- Actively offers assistance to colleagues
- Applies active listening skills – asks questions when necessary but makes basic assumptions when appropriate
- Ability to build relationships
- Actively seeks to enhance own expertise and knowledge
- Demonstrates drive and commitment to self development
- Professional approach to work and clients i.e. professional appearance, respect for individuals, and ethical conduct
- Adopts a pro-active approach to work
- 2:1 or above in any degree discipline
- Minimum of 280 UCAS points (to have achieved in the same academic year, from your best 3 A Levels and excluding General Studies).
- Grade B or above in GCSE English Language and Maths.
Training Contract & Study Support
We will fund for you to study towards the CII Diploma.