As a Trainee Financial Advisor you will assist in the provision of financial plans and advice to be prospective and existing private clients whilst studying towards the CII qualifications.
- To learn all aspects of the firm’s financial planning proposition.
- To gain experience of both undertaking transactional work and assisting in the provision/ implementation of suitable private client financial advice in order to meet and/or exceed agreed activity targets.
- To assist in the delivery of independent financial plans and/or advice to private clients in accordance with internal/ regulatory standards by effective communication, workflow management and record-keeping / database management.
- To develop the appropriate technical and market awareness knowledge in order to assist the Private Client Financial Planners in providing effective advice.
- To ensure that the CPD requirements, as defined in the T&C handbook are maintained and logged as appropriate.
- To record/ maintain information on Adviser Office in order to allow work to be logged, tracked and internal records/ management information to be kept up-to-date.
- Communicate with the Financial Planning Team on any issues or findings
- To develop and apply technical knowledge gained from studies and on the job experience
- To have an awareness of the various services provided by Mazars
- To maintain professional working relationships with clients
- Attending client social activities
- Attend all training courses as required
Person Specification & Academic Requirements
- Demonstrates strong analytical and research skills
- Effectively able to manage projects
- Takes ownership of assigned tasks
- Ability to organise and prioritise workload
- Ability to produce accurate and timely work
- Participates in meetings, providing information and ideas with clarity and persuasiveness
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Respects differences in people and values diversity of ideas
- Actively offers assistance to colleagues
- Applies active listening skills – asks questions when necessary but makes basic assumptions when appropriate
- Ability to build relationships
- Actively seeks to enhance own expertise and knowledge
- Demonstrates drive and commitment to self development
- Professional approach to work and clients i.e. professional appearance, respect for individuals, and ethical conduct
- Adopts a pro-active approach to work
- 2.1 or above in any degree discipline
- Minimum of 280 UCAS points (to have achieved in the same academic year, from your best 3 A Levels and excluding General Studies).
- Grade B or above in GCSE English Language and Maths.
Career Pathway & Study Support
We will fund your study towards the CII qualification during your Industrial Placement. Upon completion of your degree we will continue your CII study support should you decide to re-join us.
You will receive a full study package and time off to attend college but, with Mazars your professional qualification is only part of the story. We support all our trainees with a blended approach to training and development, classroom study, 1:1 coaching and support and, as you progress, technical and skills training to enable you to progress to management and leadership positions.