During your placement year, you will support the Financial Planning team to advise clients on a wide range of personal financial matters, including the ongoing management of their investment portfolios.
Your time will be split between meeting clients, working in the office and studying for your professional exams.
During your placement your daily duties could include:
- Developing a strong understanding of the financial planning advice process and Mazars internal systems and processes
- Developing the skills needed to work with clients on a daily basis
- Completing the CII Diploma in Regulated Financial Planning
- Attending training sessions as required
- Preparing client advice reports
- Information assimilation from investment providers / secondments to the finance, compliance and R&D departments.
Person Specification & Academic Requirements
- Demonstrates strong analytical and research skills
- Effectively able to manage projects
- Takes ownership of assigned tasks
- Ability to organise and prioritise workload
- Ability to produce accurate and timely work
- Participates in meetings, providing information and ideas with clarity and persuasiveness
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Respects differences in people and values diversity of ideas
- Actively offers assistance to colleagues
- Applies active listening skills – asks questions when necessary but makes basic assumptions when appropriate
- Ability to build relationships
- Actively seeks to enhance own expertise and knowledge
- Demonstrates drive and commitment to self development
- Professional approach to work and clients i.e. professional appearance, respect for individuals, and ethical conduct
- Adopts a pro-active approach to work
- 2.1 or above in any degree discipline
- Minimum of 280 UCAS points (to have achieved in the same academic year, from your best 3 A Levels and excluding General Studies).
- Grade B or above in GCSE English Language and Maths.
Career Pathway & Study Support
We will fund your study towards the CII qualification during your Industrial Placement. Upon completion of your degree we will continue your CII study support should you decide to re-join us.
You will receive a full study package and time off to attend college but, with Mazars your professional qualification is only part of the story. We support all our trainees with a blended approach to training and development, classroom study, 1:1 coaching and support and, as you progress, technical and skills training to enable you to progress to management and leadership positions.