Working as part of our central Paraplanning and Technical Team in Milton Keynes you will be producing high quality, technical advice reports for our Planners to present to clients. You will undertake research in connection with investment, pension and retirement planning, tailoring solutions to help clients meet their financial aims and objectives.
You will work with other specialist service lines of Mazars LLP such as Personal Tax, Corporate Tax and Private Client, to help deliver wide ranging advice to clients throughout their lives. This will include the opportunity to develop life time cash flow models for clients.
During your initial training you will;
- Develop a strong understanding of the financial planning advice process and Mazars internal systems and processes
- Develop the skills needed to devise solutions to enable clients to meet their stated objectives
- Complete the CII ‘Diploma in Regulated Financial Planning’
- Attend training sessions from both internal and external sources
- Be provided with training on all the necessary software packages used to help build the reports
- Prepare client advice reports.
After this initial training you will:
- Work with and challenge planners to ensure the best possible outcome is achieved for the client.
- Write technical advice reports laying out complex financial strategies in such a way as to be readily understood by the client
- Work on client scoping proposals
- Work with other Mazars services such as Tax and Trust to provide comprehensive recommendations
- Complete the CII ‘Advanced Diploma in Financial Planning’.
Person Specification & Academic Requirements
- Demonstrates strong analytical and research skills
- Has good written communication skills
- Takes ownership of assigned tasks and adopts a pro-active approach
- Ability to organise and prioritise workload
- Produces accurate and timely work
- Participates in meetings, providing information and ideas with clarity and persuasiveness
- Ability to build relationships
- Respects differences in people and values diversity of ideas
- Applies active listening skills – asks questions when necessary but makes basic assumptions when appropriate
- Actively seeks to enhance own expertise and knowledge
- Demonstrates drive and commitment to self-development
- Professional approach to work/clients i.e. professional appearance, respect for individuals, and ethical conduct.
- 2:1 or above in any degree discipline
- Minimum of 280 UCAS points (to have been achieved in the same academic year, from your best 3 A Levels and excluding General Studies).
- Grade B or above in GCSE English Language and Maths.
If there were extenuating/exceptional circumstances that affected your result(s), please tell us in your application form so we can consider whether we take them into account.
Training Contract & Study Support
We will fund your study towards the CII Advanced Diploma in Financial Planning qualification. Achievement of this, together with 5 years’ experience in the industry will enable you to use the coveted title of ‘Chartered Paraplanner’
You will receive the appropriate study texts and be permitted time off to study for each exam. Your professional qualification is only part of the story; we support all of our trainees with a blended approach to training and development including 1:1 coaching, and skills training to enable you to progress to management and leadership positions.
We also operate a number of in-house training courses which will give you the technical insight to keep up with changes in legislation and case law, both in the UK and worldwide.
You will be given a mentor and an appraising manager to keep your career and aspirations on track.