This apprenticeship scheme will provide a 3 year programme to enable you to become a fully qualified Commercial Underwriter.
Throughout the apprenticeship, we will give you all the support you need to become a valued and successful part of a world leading and ambitious company.
Underwriting requires a lot of technical knowledge and you will be making decisions that will have a big impact on our profitability. You will be arranging insurance policies that meet the needs of our customers; whilst evaluating the risks involved and setting an appropriate price.
You also need strong interpersonal skills. You will be managing relationships with our customers and providing great customer service.
Good underwriters are always in demand and it is a well paid and rewarding career. How far you progress is largely down to the amount of effort you are prepared to put in.
- Higher Apprentice in General Insurance (Diploma CII).
- City & Guilds in Financial Services.
- Progression onto Advanced Diploma in CII.
- A permanent job as a Commercial Underwriter with AXA.
What Are We Looking For?
- GCSE Level C or equivalent in Maths and English.
- 3 A Level Grade C or above (preferably in a business related subject e.g. Maths, English, Law, Finance etc).
- Strong analytical and numerical reasoning skills – with attention to detail.
- The drive and commitment to complete a three year development programme resulting in a professional qualification.
- Commercial awareness.
The Benefit Package
- Basic Salary £14,320, rising to a minimum of £21,000 during the apprenticeship.
- A Bonus Scheme linked to your performance.
- 23 days annual holiday plus Bank Holidays.
- Flexible benefit options, including pension and life cover flexing, holiday purchase, benefit car, childcare vouchers, health, dental and critical illness plans and bikes4work.
- Interest free season ticket loan scheme.
- Free offsite parking.