The Time Higher Education’s (THE) European University Rankings 2016 has been released, revealing the top 200 universities in Europe.
The UK has dominated the rankings, taking nearly a quarter of places with a total of 46 institutions out of 200. Seven UK universities appeared in the top ten, and 17 in the top 50.
Oxford, Cambridge, and Imperial College London made up the top three universities in Europe. University College London and Edinburgh also appeared in the top ten.
Institutions were measured on their teaching environment, research environment, citations (research influence), industry income and international outlook.
Top 10 universities in Europe:
- University of Oxford (UK)
- University of Cambridge (UK)
- Imperial College London (UK)
- ETH Zurich Swiss Federal Institute of Technology Zurich (Switzerland)
- University College London (UK)
- London School of Economics and Political Science (UK)
- University of Edinburgh (UK)
- King’s College London (UK)
- Karolinska Institute (Sweden)
- LMU Munich (Germany)